The Conqueror's Library

The Tavern

Forum Home > Xena, Warrior Princess > 'Falling' by Grit Jahning

Chuckie

I don't really know what these forums are for. I'm guessing to talk about stories you've read? So, I thought I'd share one of my favorite stories(of course it might not be for everyone) out there. Also, if anyone knows of any other stories like this(like age wise, starting young) could you please refer me to some?

I have to say that Falling is one of my favorite stories out there. I like the Xena fanfiction that starts them off at a younger age, like in their teens(or in this case 5 and 15), and then you kind of see them grow up together. I suck at making reviews because I honestly suck with words, as you can tell, so I'll just put the review from AOB, if that's alright?

"Sent on an errand for her mother a fifteen year old Xena comes to Potedeia. And meets a small, blonde girl. Feeling herself pulled towards her in way she can't quite explain. Not knowing the pain Gabrielle has to go through at home she leaves again after a couple of days. But sometimes we're meant to meet and be together. A lesson Xena is about to learn herself. ... But will she accept her destiny? - The story covers nearly fifteen years in the lives of Xena and Gabrielle but I promise it will be finished and it won't be as long as it may sound." -RAOB

April 26, 2010 at 5:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rio
Administrator

I can't think of too many "Classic" stories where X&G meet as teens, but I know there are some good ubers where they do. Do you like ubers or do you prefer classic?

April 26, 2010 at 12:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sue
Site Owner

Thanks, Chuckie...that's exactly the kind of thing I had in mind for The Tavern!  I have a lot of favorite stories that aren't Conqueror related, and thought this would be a good way to share them.  If you want to visit with other fans, stop by the General Discussion area and say hello.  Thanks so much for posting this here.

To all, I apologize for not posting more frequently.  The doctor keeps making me do the bed rest thing, and I hate trying to type on my netbook (keyboard's way too small!).  I'll try harder to keep up, folks!

--
Sue

Thought for the day: 

Learn to laugh at yourself...it takes the fun out of it for everyone else! 
April 26, 2010 at 4:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chuckie

Sadly, I never could get into UBER stories, at least not right now. Which I know cuts out a lot of stories. :(

April 26, 2010 at 4:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sam

I don't know how everyone manages to keep up with the details of all the they fic they read. I know I can't. I also don't know if it falls into the realm of what you're looking for, but I do recall NuT56 having some classic stories that involve either time travel or de-aging and one or both of X & G as kids. I'd have to go back and re-read in order to tell you more than that.

*Off to write a permanent disclaimer to use as my siggy*

April 26, 2010 at 6:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.