The Conqueror's Library

The Tavern

Forum Home > Xena of the Future > And Playing the Role of Herself by dabkey (K.E. Lane)

Rio
Administrator

And Playing the Role of Herself by dabkey (K.E. Lane) is an "original" story, meaning that the leads aren't a raven haired beauty with blue eyes and a cute green-eyed blonde. Don't let that stop you. Heck, if you want, you can rewrite it in your head as you read (I have a friend who does this).

Any way, I've cut and pasted the description from The Academy of Bards because they said it far better that I could -

"Caid Harris is an ex beer commercial actress who's made it to the big time and can't believe her luck. A plum role on a hot new cop show has Caid sharing her once private life with a horde of press and media, sharing the screen with a temperamental southern belle who she calls friend, and sharing her trailer with a leggy brunette who leaves her tongue-tied, slightly off-center, and just a little breathless. And the roller coaster ride that took Caid from a beer hawking 'Balentine Babe' to the role of tough cop Rita Stone gets even more interesting when the show's creator wants to push the envelope and decides Caid is just the woman to do it."

This story reminds me a lot of the Jackie Collins books that I used to read. It's a fun-filled ride set in a glamorous world of beautiful people (with no mafia connections, though, but give me a break here because this is my only point of reference).

And, if you're the type of person who prefers to read books rather than online, you're in luck, And Playing the Role of Herself was published and is available for sale from these fine retailers:

Amazon.com

Ace Books

May 17, 2010 at 12:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.