The Conqueror's Library

The Tavern

Forum Home > Xena, Warrior Princess > Looking for "Gabrielle with fangs" stories

Sue
Site Owner

Ok, I admit it...I'm addicted to stories of Gabrielle as a Bacchae.  Some show that she never really got over being a bacchae (she accidentally got some of Bacchus' blood) and some say that she is, in fact, a daughter of Bacchus.  I've read a few of them, and so far my favorites come from a tale by Katrina, Bite Me.  Seems she issued a challenge, and there were quite a few tales that resulted from it. 

Anyway, do any of you have any Bacchae tales to share?

--
Sue

Thought for the day: 

Learn to laugh at yourself...it takes the fun out of it for everyone else! 
May 19, 2010 at 11:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rio
Administrator

There's a list over on the Athenaeum forums - The Vampire List

May 19, 2010 at 3:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sue
Site Owner

Thanks Rio.  By any chance, do you know which of those listed are "Gabrielle" stories?  Those are the ones that I'm particularly interested in.

--
Sue

Thought for the day: 

May 19, 2010 at 3:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rio
Administrator

Sue at May 19, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Thanks Rio.  By any chance, do you know which of those listed are "Gabrielle" stories?  Those are the ones that I'm particularly interested in.

The only story on that list that I've read is Fusion by J.A. Zollicoffer. It was actually on my list favorite ubers on another thread here. It was good, you should read it.

May 19, 2010 at 5:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rio
Administrator

The Blood and Roses series features Xena as the immortal daughter of Ares and Gabrielle as the immortal daughter of Bacchus. I especially liked When the Night Closes In by Sharon Bowers.

May 19, 2010 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sue
Site Owner

I emailed Katrina, author of Bite Me (the start of the Blood and Roses series), and asked for her most current/complete list of the Blood and Roses series.  Her answer:

"I'm afraid those are the most current, I think. I'll have to take a look. I surely don't mind if you link to the stories. In fact it flatters me that people are still interested.

So, thank you. :)"

I'll let you know if she sends word of others, but right now the most current list is the one that Rio posted, as far as I know. 

Don't be afraid to email the bards...their labors have added to our world, and I'm sure they appreciate hearing from their fans (even after all this time!)

--
Sue

Thought for the day: 

May 21, 2010 at 6:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Silvermoonlight

Have tou read the Conqueroring Shadows? Okay its Xena whose got fangs but its a great read.Conqueroring_Shadows

Theres also The Awakening series which is Classic but has Gabrielle go back to drinking blood due to a mean spell Awakenings_Series

:D

May 11, 2012 at 6:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rio
Administrator

Thanks, I'm going to add the Awakenings Series to the Halloween page at The Xena Library.

--

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie

May 12, 2012 at 12:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sue
Site Owner

Coincidentally enough, I just read Conquering Shadows and The Death of Me yesterday (and loved them), and the Awakening Series is among my favorites.

Thanks for the update!

--
Sue

Thought for the day: 

May 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Silvermoonlight

Your welcome I have a another to add :)

Bacchae Truth  By Red Hope she has a lot of XWP stories and is well worth a look.

May 15, 2012 at 7:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Nz45

Hunterash - Awakening series

May 18, 2012 at 7:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.