The Conqueror's Library

The Tavern

Forum Home > Guestbook > The Guestbook Archive

Rio
Administrator

This thread is the official archive for the now defunct "Guestbook". We thank everyone who posted there and hope you all will feel free to say hi or tell us how we're doing here in The Tavern.

Thanks,

Rio

August 17, 2010 at 10:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rio
Administrator

Sue 02:51 PM on December 26, 2009

Welcome, and please let me know what you think. This is a work in progress, so feedback is essential. Thanks for stopping by.

August 17, 2010 at 10:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rio
Administrator

Nanziniemi 10:26 AM on January 01, 2010

Hey Nanzi here " src="http://static.websimages.com/JS/Punymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smile.gif" mce_src="http://static.websimages.com/JS/Punymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smile.gif" /> Wanted to say, awsome work on the website. Im sure itll be even more awsome soon. If you want me to work on some visuals (banners buttons etc.) just give a shout" src="http://static.websimages.com/JS/Punymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smile.gif" mce_src="http://static.websimages.com/JS/Punymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smile.gif" />  

August 17, 2010 at 10:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rio
Administrator

Sue 01:38 AM on January 02, 2010

Welcome, Nanzi! Hey, if you want to help with the visuals, great! Send me your contact email, or put the info on the Members page...I'd really appreciate it.

August 17, 2010 at 10:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rio
Administrator

O.o 11:43 PM on January 06, 2010

i'm impressed with the layout... I'll go read some stories now.  

August 17, 2010 at 10:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rio
Administrator

maxine 05:03 AM on January 11, 2010

Same, I love the layout. I think the Conqueror would approve. Going though the links now (and grinning like an idiot, but I won't bother you with minor details ;p )

August 17, 2010 at 10:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rio
Administrator

Sue 06:04 AM on January 11, 2010

Welcome to you both! Milord has kept me busy of late, so please accept my apologies for my tardiness. Enjoy the library, with the Conqueror's blessing.  

August 17, 2010 at 10:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rio
Administrator

Rio 03:13 PM on January 24, 2010

Hi Sue, good job on the site. I have a few comments that I hope you will find helpful.

You have the stories listed under "Links", I think this section should be the "Library". A "Links" section is typically for urls that will take you away from your site.

There are thumbnails by each story showing a condensed version of the actual text of the story. I think thumbnails should be reserved for story covers, when they are available, or else a logo from the hosting site or something similar. Having a thumbnail of an unreadable page doesn't make sense to me, but I do like the idea of having a nice visual by the link, good idea.

Also the links need to be cleaned up a bit so that the url doesn't show beside the story title.

Finally, I, personally, would like a story description along with each link. Maybe even a comment if the story has won an award at the Academy of Bards or made the Top 25 at the Athenaeum. Or, possibly, a link to a review of the story, if there is one.

Hope that was helpful, all the best with the site.  

August 17, 2010 at 10:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rio
Administrator

Sue 10:24 PM on January 24, 2010

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I confess, I am new to setting up a website, and all suggestions are welcome. I hope you enjoy the site.  

August 17, 2010 at 10:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rio
Administrator

Sue 10:41 PM on January 24, 2010

Rio, would you consider assisting me with the site? As is apparent, I am making a LOT of mistakes, and would welcome the help (as would other visitors, I imagine!)  

Rio
Administrator

Darx 03:30 PM on January 29, 2010

Thanks for creating this site! I'm sure it involves a lot of work. It would be great if you could include information regarding whether a story is finished or currently incomplete. I've read some that I thought were finished but unfortunately aren't. I'll come back later and inform you which ones I've encountered.  

Rio
Administrator

Sue 08:09 PM on February 09, 2010

Thanks to all of you for your patience. The healer has kept me away from the Library for the last seven-day or so, but I'm back, and hope to get the Library updated and caught up. I apologize for my absence, and thanks to everyone who has offered to help. Member Maxine has written summaries for many of the scrolls...I just haven't been around to get them posted. Thanks again, everyone!  

August 17, 2010 at 10:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rio
Administrator

Rio 09:50 PM on March 02, 2010

Sue, over on the Members page you posted this:

"A new service is available for our members. You can now keep track of the stories you've read, and those you'd like to read! Come check it out!"

Can you post here how we can go about doing that, please?

Thanks,

Rio  

Rio
Administrator

Sue 10:34 PM on March 02, 2010

Sure Rio, great idea! First, you must be a member to use this service. Click "Join Now" on the Members page (if you're already a member, you can log in here also)

1. Open your profile

2. Click "Edit Profile" on the left

3. The first tab, "Edit Profile", has the space below where you can track your stories:

About Me:

Signature:

What is your favorite Conqueror story?

Who is your favorite character--Xena or Gabrielle?

What stories have you read?

What stories do you plan to read?

What Conqueror story would you recommend to new fans?

Do you have any suggestions for the site? Do you know of any stories that are missing?

All of these are optional, but a good tool to keep track of your favorite scrolls. I hope this helps, and if anyone can think of any additional questions you'd like to see on this page, please let me know.

Thanks Rio!  

Rio
Administrator

Sue 10:35 PM on March 02, 2010

Also, would anyone be interested in starting a forum on this site? Hopefully, we'll be getting rid of the ads shortly, and with Rio's help, we'll be expanding the Library. All suggestions are welcome!  

August 17, 2010 at 10:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rio
Administrator

Xenamar 07:50 PM on April 13, 2010

Hi Marlene here. Love Xena and Gab, Conqeror and Alt fanfic, Whats all your thoughts of Lucy?Xena as a Roman Queen? ? I STILL MISS XENA AND GAB  

Rio
Administrator

Anon 11:58 PM on April 18, 2010

Just wanted to update --- found the rest of Seven Deadly Sins by Junebug on a new link: http://junebug.fateback.com/fanfic/7ds1.html  

Rio
Administrator

Sue 12:14 PM on April 19, 2010

Goody! I haven't read these yet...Thanks, Anon! We'll get them added to the Library.  

August 17, 2010 at 10:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rio
Administrator

Sue 07:29 PM on April 19, 2010

Well, unless I'm missing something, Seven Deadly Sins seems to have ended at the fourth, "Sloth". Anon, am I missing the remainder?  

Rio
Administrator

Chuckie 06:40 AM on April 24, 2010

I'm loving how this site is coming along. I'm happy to see that most of the stories have info on them before clicking into the link now! Thanks for bringing all these conqueror stories all into one place. It really has been helpful, and very pleasant to find a good majority if not all the stories in one spot.  

You must login to post.